Submitted by wtanaka on Fri, 2015-03-13 16:47 (
A short overview of terms used by the system that Amazon Web Services (AWS) uses to manage user accounts, roles, permissions and groups:
- The AWS web service that allows you to create users and groups and set permissions
- A human being, system or application
- A list of Users. Examples of Groups might be:
- System operations
- A set of permissions that can be granted temporarily. A user can set aside their original permissions temporarily and assume a role for a period of time between 15 minutes and 1 hour.
- This is a JSON document describing permissions or rights that you can grant to a User, Group or Role that define what tasks users are allowed to perform.